Now you can take online courses at no cost through Weber School District and/or the Utah Statewide Online Education Program!
If you are a Utah high school student interested in enrolling in Weber School District's online courses we have exciting news for you. Now Utah students in grades 9 through 12 may enroll in individual online courses on a part-time basis through Utah’s Statewide Public Education Online Program (SPEOP) in which we are proud to be a part of. We also offer full time enrollment for those students wishing to enroll full time in an online program.
Beginning in fall 2011, any student at any public high school in Utah will have the opportunity to take up to two, year-long online courses (four semester-long courses) from an approved online provider. Again, Weber School District is pleased to announce that we are one of those providers.
We realize that a growing number of students desire the freedom to work on many school credits in a different atmosphere than the regular school setting. Weber Online and (SPEOP) gives you the opportunity to pick the setting you desire to work on courses at your convenience outside of the traditional school setting. In addition to the exceptional curriculum and supportive community, students enrolled in Weber Online also receive:
- Opportunities for academic and social enrichment, as well as a dedicated parent support network
- Ability to access curriculum anytime and anywhere an internet connection exists
- Feedback and advice from teachers through e-mail and web-conferencing
- A rich assortment of core, elective and world language courses for middle and high school students
- Students can also participate in athletics and other extra-curricular activities
For information regarding a description of the Statewide Online Education Program, purposes of the program, who is eligible to enroll, and how to enroll, visit this website: http://www.schools.utah.gov/edonline/.